Lead Data Scientist (Amsterdam or Vilnius)
Want to help venues and attractions within the experience economy make better predictions and create unforgettable visitor experiences? Recognized as one of the fastest-growing dutch scale ups, Convious is the award-winning eCommerce platform for the experience economy. We are disrupting the way venues connect with their visitors and taking their experiences to a whole other level with the power of data-driven technology.
Our rapidly-growing rocket-ship is on the hunt for a talented Lead Data Scientist that will work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to help us take Convious to new heights. This ship is built on transparency, diversity and ownership, while being fueled by data and customer trust. The crew you’ll find on this exciting journey embraces change and experimentation.
And whilst we like ideas… we LOVE great execution, and that is where we thrive.
We’re aiming for the moon, and we wonder if you will be the next person who will help us get there.
Do you have what it takes to join our rocket-ship?
Role and responsibilities:
- You make A.I. solutions relatable and relevant for our business partners. You will design strategies and propose algorithm improvements to analyze and leverage data from a variety of sources that will help improve our partners’ performance.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and business subject-matter experts to deliver on-time and on budget.
- Take ownership for the entire data science workflow including project scoping, exploratory data analysis, model development, deployment and monitoring.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, but working and learning collaboratively with data science team
- Other duties as assigned.
In this role, you will work on bringing our A.I. to the next level, helping deliver fully deployable solutions and creating complex predictive and optimization models that deliver significant value to our partners.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in a data science position and thorough knowledge on many data science areas like advanced analytics, simulation, machine learning, operations research, statistics, data visualization, software engineering, model interpretation etc.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience and proven ability to work with prototypes that will give place to developing minimum viable products along with the team.
- Strong data visualization skills and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- You are fluent in English and have great communication skills (both written and spoken).
- You are excited about leading, guiding, and managing projects and multidisciplinary teams (having worked as a lead data scientist in a medium sized team is a huge plus).
- You are ‘versatile’, and constantly open to change. This is key at Convious to ensure we become continuously better at what we do and evolve along with the rapidly-changing world around us.
- Experience in software development environment and code management or versioning.
- Master’s degree or PhD in data science, computer science, math, engineering or related field is a plus.
What we offer:
- Great international team (check our Instagram page to get an idea)
- Fantastic office in the heart of Amsterdam or in Vilnius
- A unique experience at the fastest growing AI-scale up
- Plenty of scope for personal and career development
- Enjoy daily healthy or unhealthy lunches; it’s your call
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
Convious is a leading software company that connects the experience economy with their visitors. Our platform engages, converts and sells to more consumers by enhancing the customer journey and experience. We are mainly active in the experience economy, serving attractions like a Zoo, Theme Parks, Wellness Venues, Museums and more. Be prepared for seasonal peaks, but also know that in return you have unlimited paid vacation days.